Frequently (and infrequently) asked questions
- If a site name is in "quotes", it is misnamed on purpose. Some sites are sensitive, or I've been asked not to disclose their location.
- The best way to protect and preserve rock art sites is through education. The internet has changed many things. People can find just about any place nowadays through various means. See Rock Art Etiquette.
- I believe if you tell people about the history of places, they will appreciate these places more. Treat what you find with respect and leave it for the next explorer to discover. Please Leave No Trace.
- I'm a hiker interested in history. I am not an expert on mining equipment. If you see something I've misidentified, let me know.
- Updates on locations are appreciated. Please contact me if you have an update to a trip.
- Please don't ask me for locations. I didn't post it on purpose.
- Old trips are posted as I get to them or by request.
Subscription and account questions
- This is a paid subscription website. You need to be signed in to access almost all of the trip reports.
- If you haven't visited the website in a while, it will sign you out and you will have to sign back in (also on the upper and lower right of the page). If you are a subscriber, enter your email address and the server will send you an email link. Open that email and click on that link and you will be signed in again. Sessions are browser-based, so you will need to sign in on each device you use to view the site.
- There is no password for your account, just your email address. Access is verified by email.
- If you are not a subscriber, you can sign up here. You will be asked for your email address to sign up.
- You can cancel anytime on your Account page.
- Your avatar is controlled by Gravatar.
- If you find this site useful, please consider supporting the site by subscribing. I can't do this without your help. You can also donate once or reoccurring on Patreon.
- I typically only send out a few emails a month.
- You can contribute to this site. See the Contribute page.
- I am not on social media much anymore. Instagram @guystarbuck and Facebook at Starbuck's Exploring.
- If you would like to use any material or photos contained here, please contact me and I will try to be of some assistance. Please do not use my photos, text, or videos without asking permission.
- Hey, none of the above items were questions. These were supposed to be frequently asked questions. Hmm... Good catch. More like answers to questions then.
If your question isn't answered here, you can contact me. I might even respond!