Millspaugh was a small family mining camp settled in the late 1890s. According to the writings of Elizabeth Mecham, the first mill burned in 1902 but was immediately rebuilt with metal siding. Most of the buildings were hauled off in 1914.
These days, the site is deep within China Lake Naval Weapon Center. We had special permission to be here as part of a larger trip. Please don’t enter without permission. Also see Coso.
Thanks to Jon Anderson for the updated information.